Sunday 10 July 2011

WELCOME TO NEW SOLDIERS

FOUR NEW SOLDIERS OF JESUS CHRIST IN THE SALVATION ARMY were welcomed today, and celebrated by a full hall of people. Captain Ian led the meeting which focussed on the three type of people we have been called to be:- Blood & Fire People; Covenant People; Serving People. We were reminded that our soldiers need to be such people, and all disciples are called to be the same. Songs today included:- We're an army fighting for a Glorious King; Thank You Lord for saving my soul; Down at the Cross where my Saviour died; Grace there was my every debt to pay; I will offer up my life; Thank You for saving me; All I Once held dear; Give to Jesus Glory. Kofi and his family sang an African song of Praise for us. Captain Ian enrolled the new soldiers and after signing their covenants people came forward to welcome and greet our new soldiers. In concluding moments the captain encouraged people to consider where they are and what they are doing, and several people came forward and renewed their covenant to God, whether as soldiers in The Salvation Army or in their walk with Christ.

1 comment:

  1. A glorious day for all - including God who was rejoicing with us, I'm sure, as these four beautiful people took steps in their journey of discipleship.

    ReplyDelete